Friday, August 26, 2011

She's getting older...

Older....


5 months, wow, I can't believe we are here already!  5 whole months you've been a part of our family.  She's getting older.  I love this 5 month stage.  She smiles a gummy grin every time I come near, she has found her laugh, she stares at me with love and trust.  




As she gets older the weight of the responsibility of parenting gets heavier.  As she gets older will we be able to instill the important things into her life?  As she gets older, how will I instill in her that beauty is a heart matter and comes from having a gentle, quiet spirit.  As she gets older, I want her to be secure in the love that her parents have for her and for one another.  As she gets older, I want her to be secure in knowing that we will love her no matter what.  The older she gets, the more I love her.  


Linking up today with the Gypsy Mama for 5 minute Friday.  


3 comments:

  1. So true, the older they get, the more we want for them. Every day she grows older, every day she learns something new. How fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is, as they get older He goes with us and smooths out our rough parenting spots and fills in our gaps. That's the only reason I haven't peed my pants in fear (too many times) yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your encouragement! I'm new to this blogging world and it's so fun to actually have comments from people that aren't my family! :] Glad I'm not alone in this parenting gig. Your comments made me smile!

    ReplyDelete