Friday, September 23, 2011

Halfway to 1

Growing.....


Today, my firstborn baby girl is halfway to 1.  6 months old today.  This is really happening, can't believe we are already here.  I can't wait to see how much she's grown and developed from the last doctor appointment at 4 months.  To see the trust in her eyes for me, the way she smiles with delight, and finally gives into rest in my arms, with every head she lays on my shoulder, even when she cries at 1 AM or 4 AM and I'm the one that tends to her, my sweet girl is growing.  




Her growing physically happens naturally, all on it's own.  However, her growth spiritually is something that we will have to intentionally invest into her.  What does that look like?  How will we help her to know and see Jesus is the way the truth and the life?  Oh, that her growth in faith would surpass her physical growth.  


It's funny that I pretty much know what she needs and when she needs it: whether it be that she is hungry, sleepy, or just bored.  How much more does the Father know what we need and when we need it in our journey of growth towards him?  Today, I want to know how do you grow your children in faith?  What intentional steps do you take to intentionally invest in the spiritual growth of your child?  I know we will mess up, I know we will make mistakes, but the spiritual growing of my sweet girl is what I want to be about.  


I want to be about taking active, intentional steps in the growing of my relationship with Jesus, my marriage, my friendships, my baby girl.  





Oh, that we might know the LORD! Let us press on to know him.  He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring. Hosea 6:3



Linking up today with The Gypsy Mama for 5 minute Friday, "where we write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just write or not."

2 comments:

  1. your baby is so cute! congrats on her birth...
    I would say the best way to grow your childs faith is to show your walk with God...My husband and I always pray out loud at the dinner table we all put our hands in the air and at the end my son always says AMEN! It's more fun that bowing heads and being so quiet. I want my kids to know that God is a Fun Father...just like their earthly father. I make God a big part of our day to day. After we are wheeling out the grocery cart I always say to Solo "Yeah! We got groceries! God always provides for us!" My son always claps and says "Yeahhhh!" I honestly think the only way a child grows in their faith is by seeing their parents active in their faith...
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete